7. In order to provide clearance for the caliper, you will need to grind a little material off of the steering knuckle. With the caliper mounting bracket on the spindle, you can get an idea of how much grinding will be necessary to fit the caliper. Remember that as the pads wear out, the caliper will move inward because of its floating design. If you don’t grind enough, your caliper may hit the knuckle and render your brakes useless. Replace the steering knuckle fill plugs with the flush mount ones. Now you can start grinding the knuckle between the two bolts that are farthest to the back of the knuckle. You don’t have to remove a lot of material, but make sure you have good clearance by periodically replacing the caliper mounting bracket and caliper for test fitting. Also, grind the caliper a little to make sure that there will be no contact between it and the steering knuckle as the pads wear out, be careful not to grind through the casting.
8. Service the steering knuckles with gear oil or grease and install the supplied flush head knuckle fill plugs.
9. Install the hub and rotor assemblies after servicing the inner and outer wheel bearings and installing the supplied inner hub seals. Adjust the wheel bearings with the supplied adjusting nuts and lock washers using the supplied wheel hub adjusting nut socket PN W-144.
10. Install the front wheel drive flanges or locking hubs using the new supplied hub drive flange gaskets.
11. Install the caliper assemblies on the caliper mounting brackets.
12. Install the supplied disc brake pads.
13. Install the supplied front brake hoses taking note as to the correct hose length required, depending on vehicle specifications, front axle attachment or frame attachment.
14. Install front wheels and determine if wheel spacers are required. Wheel spacers can be supplied by most auto parts stores.
15. Service and bleed the hydraulic brake system and test drive your vehicle. Break-in your new Disc Brake Upgrade Kit in accordance with the detailed instructions supplied in the kit and enjoy!